Monday, October 23, 2006

Sunday Thoughts


Sunday Thoughts
As I sit in my chair
Lap blanket tucked in tight against the fall chill
I gaze out into the woods
At oaks and beaches still dressed in ochers and deep reds
Their branches sharing the sky with with trees now bare
The desire to walk among the trees is sharp and strong
I will let my mind take me where my legs cannot
My eyes take in the wonder of color and form
And as my imagination wanders through the forest
I will inhale the fragrance of a changing season

4 Comments:

Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

>>>PAM<<<< You have amazed me! Your words and art have my mouth open wide ;) Well done!

1:29 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

Pam I found you through Tammy. I too am a 54 yr old woman with ALS. I just love this poem. The pictures are gorgeous! I will be keeping in touch with your beautiful blogging. :)

9:20 AM  
Blogger Endment said...

Your words describe so many of my own thoughts only wonderfully said!

4:21 PM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

What a lovely poem! Beautifully done.

10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home