Sunday, April 06, 2008

Thanks For Idgy

I can't talk to you about Idgy without letting you know that she was a gift. My husband's son’s wife, Jacqui, found her for me. She was born to the mother of their familie's two cats, delivered by the whole family and handed over by my granddaughter, Emily. From her arms to my lap came this incredible ball of fur on spring-loaded feet.

We are adjusting to being attacked at every turn by 1 pound of haired up fluff, kisses from a papery tongue and surprise pounces. She loves to sleep with me during the day, cuddle up in my lap, and she crashes next to Willie's head at night. I have to be cautious about open wounds so are we are teaching her, with the help of a squirt bottle full of water and a loud "NO" to be careful with her needle sharp claws. As independent as cats can be, she seems to be responding and we are making progress.

Idgy is a joy. She brings us love and provides hours of amusing entertainment and soft cuddles and she fills the house with energy.















10 Comments:

Blogger Cathy said...

Oh my gosh, Pam! That last picture of her cuddled on your lap! Awwww . . . How sweet is that ?!

You all look so wonderfully cozy:0)

12:03 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

What a sweetie! You too!!!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

What a fuzzy blessing! XXOO

Love you!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Who knew? :) Endment got a new puppy and we haven't heard from her since...

7:17 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

Pam--just catching up on your blog. I wondered where you were--now I know. Oh my, you have had a time, haven't you. Glad you are now outfitted for better sleeping.
And now you have Idgy. I am so happy to meet her (long distance, of course). And so happy you have her. What a sweetie. Nothing like a kitten for love and fun!

10:04 PM  
Blogger Crayons said...

You are all lucky to be in the same family! It sounds like there is a lot of mutual love, and also mutual tolerance for trespasses. You look so happy. I find that animals go straight to our truest selves. They define our best and our worst. She came at a great time. Maybe her middle name can be Sara, for Serendipity. I'm happy for all of you.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Hi Pam,

Just dropping by to take another look at precious Idgy :0)

Hope Spring is springin' in you neighborhood.

{{ Hugs}}
Cathy

9:01 PM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

I wonder if Idgy knows how lucky she is...just being near you, Pam. You just ooze acceptance, serenity and peace and Idgy looks completely at ease with you. She's darling.

5:54 PM  
Blogger joared said...

Kittens are such fun, but had forgotten about their sharp little claws. Glad you're getting her trained -- water squirts like my dtr used with her puppy. She surely is cute and bet she loves your cuddling once she's used up her energy.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Bitterroot said...

These are wonderful pics! Cuddling with my kitty is sublime.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home