Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Thank You

Saxton's River, VT

Thank you, everyone, for your condolences and kind words on the loss of my dear companion, Hattie the cat. I miss her terribly but have wonderful memories to warm me.


I'm taking a short break. My sister, Lynn, is coming for a four-day visit (woo hoo) and we are having another "ladies night" on Friday night to wish our Mary a bon voyage and to congratulate her on a clean bone scan. She has survived two bouts of breast cancer and, after a bit of a scare, is now cancer free. All the girls will get to meet my sister, and to complete the festivities, Barbara will be joining my sister and me for an overnight.


My broken camera is a goner, it can't be fixed but I have a new one and am looking forward to sharing pictures of the coming weekend with you next week.


Peace

13 Comments:

Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

wOOt! Have fun, ladies! Great news on the bone scan!

12:42 PM  
Blogger kate said...

Hi Pam,

I hope you have a wonderful time with your sister and also with Mary and Barbara. I was happy to hear that you've got a new camera. Keep the pictures coming!!

Saxton's River looks beautiful.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I'm thrilled for Mary! Have a good time and don't over do it. ;) I'll call after you're rested.

Much love

4:27 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

pam! sounds like tons of fun you have planned. have a great time with all the girls .. i hope you get some relaxation time together -- even during your sleepover. love to you

2:31 AM  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

Oh sweetie, I'm so sorry about Hattie. I wish you a fabulous time with your sister, though, and I'm so glad you have those wonderful memories to warm you.

Love,
Laurie

12:57 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Have a great weekend. Enjoy the company and the camera.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Crayons said...

Have fun Pam. Sisters are one of the best inventions in the world. By the way, your "readings" of my drawings recently have been so insightful. It's like having a studio buddy lean over to my easel to notice something.

11:16 PM  
Blogger Andrea Frazer said...

Cancer free! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

Enjoy your break...I'm sure we'll be here waiting for your good words and pictures when you get back.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Good news for Mary!!A special time with other women is always so much fun and enriches the soul. Enjoy, enjoy!

8:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful time with your sister and "the ladies". It sounds like fun... and I am looking forward to seeing pictures from the new camera. :-)

5:10 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I'm so sorry about Hattie. I know too well - the pain of the loss of a beloved fur-kid . . . . your writing about her farewell gift to you was so tender.
I hope your ladies night was fabulous and that your new camera recorded the fun. I'll be checking back in for the smiles :0)

P.S The Saxton River pix is gorgeous.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Endment said...

Pam
Glad you will be having a fun break - Breaks are good! especially when they are fun!

So sorry about your dear kitty. I send you a hug in sympathy

10:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home