Saturday, January 12, 2008

Archives

Barbara has been helping me finish the job of cleaning up and straightening out my studio. I have given many of the tools of my profession to my grandchildren and artist friends, and although I hated to see them go, there was a certain satisfaction in seeing people I love take pleasure in working with the bright colors and textures I have enjoyed using in my creations over the years.

It has also been a journey of discovery. We have found scraps of paper with notes or sketches of ideas tucked into textbooks, stacks of paper and supply drawers. Small jewels from the past, bright lights of memory.

I have always tried to photograph my work and when I was given a digital camera, I started taking pictures of finished pieces and burning them onto discs. This last week the process of reorganization brought us to my stacks of discs. I have been going through them and am posting a few of my favorites. The following paintings were all done with colored pencils, a medium I discovered about six years ago.




Morning Gold




Just Pink


Sunlight and Petals

12 Comments:

Blogger KGMom said...

It is so wonderful to have archives--we can walk down memory lane and see the creative works we produced.
Enjoy your continued walk!

8:24 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

They're great. Are the originals gone? We have some inkjet prints from Cuppa's watercolor days. They work surprisingly well.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

WOW! These are truly amazing Batman. I'd love to see more.

I'm glad those creatives will always continue to flow!

XXOO

2:08 PM  
Blogger Crayons said...

How therapeutic. I like looking at some of my old stuff, too. It's like communing with another being whom I know very, very well.

These are so incredible. I see two things: a loving gaze and a knowing hand. Now I can see where some of your digital work comes from. I'm really inspired.

3:43 PM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

What beautiful pictures those are. I'd love to see more. Also, I was so moved by your previous post. You have so many gifts and putting into words what most of us can't is probably one of the most precious. Thank you so much.

2:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such beautiful pictures.. the detail is amazing.

7:58 PM  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

Those are truly beautiful. You are so incredibly gifted and I love reading your blog and looking at your art so very much. Thank you for sharing your gifts.

Hugs,
Laurie

12:25 AM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

These are so beautiful, Pam! Every time I clean and straighten things, especially when I look through old notebooks and papers, I discover stuff like that.

My computer quit working before I left to go to NC, so now I have a brand new one, but I seem to have lost a whole bunch of stuff in the process. I hope it can be retrieved somehow (pictures, half of a novel I've been working on...)

Come on by and see what else I've been working on! (BTW, thanks for writing to my friend. She said last night that she's going to try to answer her blog comments tomorrow. I hope she remembers how).

12:22 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Pam - Those exquisite joyful colors give me a badly needed charge. What a gift - your ability to see and create beauty - a true artist's soul.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

Thank you for sharing your pictures with us, Pam. I hope you will post some more...they are exquisite.

8:46 AM  
Blogger kate said...

Hi Pam,

Your coloured-pencil paintings are gorgeous. I love the way you've caught the light in Sunlight & Petals. Just Pink is my favourite because I love the colour.

What a talent you have!!

8:50 PM  
Blogger Bitterroot said...

Such delicate beauty, Pam! I loved seeing these!

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home