Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Lost in space


When my grandchildren were just sprouts I owned a 1986 maroon Nissan Stanza. I kept it for almost 14 years and towards the end of its run, when rust began to appear hear and there, I printed "USS Tin Can" on the door in white paint.

The afore mentioned sprouts traveled with me often and the "Tin Can" evolved into our own personal space ship. I, being the driver, was captain. "Big Al" rode shotgun and, with junk from the car, fashioned an "intercom" which he used to deliver orders to the three girls in the back. Their job was to zap aliens. Aliens were anyone who didn't have a Vermont license plate and as we cruised through the town and countryside at warp 8, all out of staters became, without exception, toast!

The kids are growing up fast and the "Tin Can" is long gone, but the memory of sound effects and young laughter ramains.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

What cool grandparents! I'd love to hear them describe you two characters :)

HUGS

10:48 AM  
Blogger BendingPeak said...

Welcome to the blog-o-sphere! Glad you are giving it a go.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Sky said...

welcome to blogland! i found you via tammy.

i am having difficulty with blogger right now so i am not posting but hopefully i can resume my blogging one day and perhaps you can visit. :)

5:50 AM  
Blogger thailandchani said...

LOL! I love it! "Tin Can". My old Geo Metro just may end up christened similarly~ Hope to see more of you. I came via Tammy.


Thailand Gal

~*~**~

9:17 AM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Welcome to blogging! You'll love it (tho' it's very addictive!) We share alot--our joys, our tears, our successes, our strengths and our weaknesses, our dogs and our grandchildren. I am a 67 year old grandmother of seven who absolutely loves all the friendships I've made here--tammy among them! Enjoy!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Rebekah said...

How do you do - and welcome to blogland, where there reside so many gracious and loving and TALENTED people, inspiration reigns every day. You certainly bring your own inspiration, and I for one amd so happy to make your acquaintence.

Rebekah

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mom,

I think your blog space is awesome. Paige and I enjoy and look forward to seeing what new you've added. It was great seeing the tin can in space !!!

Love you lots,
Laura :)

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home