Thursday, February 15, 2007

Brrrrrrrrr!


The blizzard that has left so much damage in it's wake hit Vermont yesterday. The state reports snowfalls from 40" to about the 18" that landed where I live. We got off easy but it's bitter cold and the wind is blowing, making the wind chill factor somewhere below zero. As far as I'm concerned, once it hits zero, the number of degrees below is of little consequence, it's just too damned cold!

Anyway, we live in an old house that is anything but airtight and the colder it gets, the more the frost builds up on our windows. A lacy network of crystals that climbs slowly up the panes with every drop in temperature. When the sun came up over a landscape of white this morning, it lit my windows with a golden glow and turned my white lace to in intricate network of yellow and white diamonds. I tried, and failed, to catch the incandescent sparkle with my camera but the extent of the frost is still visable.

5 Comments:

Blogger dmmgmfm said...

I love the lace on the windows, but don't like the cold that causes it to form. I hope your weather improves soon.

I am still tweaking my powerpoint, but will send you a .pdf when I'm done. I would also like to use the photo and poem on the cover of my annual report for the event, if you don't mind.

11:23 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

In the end, we didn't get all that much snow. I guess the storm kept mostly to the south of the Ottawa region.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Yeowsa! Too cold so wear your long underwear!

1:04 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

I like cold weather, and even I think it is too cold right now.
I like the frost on your window, but am really entranced by the glass balls. The sun must make them glow.

6:20 PM  
Blogger Bitterroot said...

Looks like that frost is doing everything possible to block any rays of warmth! Interesting shot.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home