Monday, June 18, 2007

Grandchildren Revisited

It's been awhile since I wrote about my incredible grandchildren, so I thought I'd bring you up to date. I'm starting with the girls and working down by age.


Paige is thirteen, the tallest woman in the family (this is relevant because our ladies are all VERY short and we find amusement in this fact) and is a very accomplished writer. She is writing a book, eight chapters completed, and it is nothing short of amazing. Yes, I am prejudiced, but the vote is in from many adults, including teachers.


Sarah, twelve, wants to be a fashion designer and has created, on the computer, some excellent designs. She has a definite flair for color and interesting combinations, and accessorizes with pizazz. She is learning Photoshop to give her a head start on the tech side of creating.



Emily is eight and loves to cook, is learning to play keyboard (she plays quite well) and is also on a baseball team. She's still young and is exploring her options. I say chef, but time will tell. She is most enthusiastic and will excel in whatever direction she chooses.


Alex is fifteen and has formed his second band, his instrument being the drums. He practices often and hard and is quite accomplished. The band recently played in a concert to raise money for the people in Darfur.
Hey, maybe Em will play keyboard with him one day!



Last, but not least, is Ryan, now three. He runs around being Batman, more often Spiderman, and if you pass too close you are liable to end up in a Spidey net! He's funny, as they all are, and keeps up with the gang when we are all together.
They are the most wonderful children; they are kind, honest, involved in the world around them and full of life. They are at ease with my illness and quick to help if I need them.
Thank you Big Al, Doodlebug, Shortcake, The Emster and The Ry Guy, for the love and light you bring into my life!
Love, Mimi


14 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

What an impressive bunch! You have every right to be proud.

4:31 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I know where they got that talent gene from. :) Being privileged enough to have read Paige's book, I think you will have a published author to add to your next update. Lucky lady to have been blessed with so much love!

I love you!

7:49 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

Pam--what a great way to honor your grandchildren.
And how fortunate you are to have them.
(Fingers drumming on the table) I am still waiting--my children are still. . .doing whatever. So, here I sit--62 and no grandkids! Harrumphh.
Well, lucky you.

8:41 PM  
Blogger Bonita said...

I'd be proud, too. Little Ryan is going to steal a lot of hearts - quite the sweet-looking little boy. I know you count your blessings, having these fine grand-children.

10:30 PM  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

What a beautiful family and your artwork is, as always, fantastic. How can they not grow up to be successful and happy with you as a role model.

Hugs,
Laurie

1:00 AM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

What wonderful children they are. And such varied interests - it must be so much fun talking to them and watching them grow and branch out.

You know, I'll bet they feel just as lucky having you for a Gramma. There is nothing in the world like grandchildren to keep you young and in touch with the world. Give them all hugs for me.

1:48 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

AC - They are impressive, aren't they? Thank you. Now you and Cuppa are on your own journey with Smudge. Bet she's growing like mad while you are on vacation, she'll be so different when you get home.

Tammy - yeah, that book really is something and I agree with you, we'll see her in print one day.

Love you!

Kgmom - Except for Will's daughter, everyone waited until they were in their thirties to have kids...hang in there, there is nothing like being a grandmom.

Bonita - I am grateful every day that these beautiful children all live near me and that I get to see them often. They are a HUGE part of my life and I am truly blessed.

Laurie - Sometimes that role model thing works both ways, we can learn so much from kids. And they help keep me in tune with the times.

Alyssa - I love talking with them, they are all open and on the ball and our conversations are quite animated.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Bitterroot said...

It's delightful to meet your family and to have these glimpses of your world, Pam!

7:27 AM  
Blogger thailandchani said...

Beautiful artwork... I hope you will be able to give it to each one of them. :)


Peace,

~Chani

12:33 PM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

What lucky kids to have you for a grandma! I loved the way you pictured them...an impressive crew!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

A WONDERFUL tribute to your WONDERFUL grandchildren! I hope they know and appreciate what a WONDERFUL grandma they have! You have a great family.

2:46 PM  
Blogger kate said...

I love your artwork that captures the interest of each of your grandchildren. Your love for each of them and their passions comes shining through ... they are lucky to have a beautiful Mimi in their lives.

11:08 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Ginnie, Pepek and Kate - thanks so much. I am a very lucky, proud and happy grandma. And they like to play with me, which makes it even better!

4:07 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Oh my gosh! I've been so behind that I'd missed this delightful post. You are so blessed. Your portraits of these beautiful young people are splendid. I'll bet they love their Mimi. After all - a lot of their talent came through you :0)

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home