Monday, June 25, 2007

Confessions


Pepek, at ‘My Uncle Pepek’s Jounral’ tapped me on the shoulder for this one and I thought I’d give it a go. It's my first.

The rules come first:
1. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their 8 things and post these rules.
3. List 8 people you choose to tag.
4. Leave them a comment telling them they're tagged and to read your blog.

OK, here goes…

1. I was a card carrying, fringe and bead wearing, protesting hippie in the sixties. No hard drugs for this chick, however, I’m allergic to caffeine, for heaven’s sake!
2. In sixty five years I have moved more than thirty times. I have a bit of Gypsy in my soul, but it was usually for other reasons, and no, I was not on the lam.
3. I have been drawing since I was very young. I hid in my closet and drew fanciful stories when the home front went to war.
4. I love to dance and took many styles of dance classes, but, alas, I was too short to try for a career.
5. My favorite footwear has always been western boots.
6. I ran for many years and preferred to run barefoot and at night. I liked to dance as I ran and the dark made for good cover…didn’t want anyone to think I was nuts as I gyrated and bopped along.
7. I have very little gray hair, it runs in the family. Our Holland Dutch heritage, we presume. What’s funny is that I’d love some white mixed in…I’ve earned it!
8. My favorite food group is…Nachos! Hold the beans (ugh) and throw on the black olives!
I am passing this on to: Tammy, my lovely partner at 'The Daily Warrior.' Ginnie, who has the most delightful stories, at 'Goldendaze-Ginnie.' Mama P, who's take on life delights me, at 'Pass the Zoloft.' Caroline, who's drawings and stories are captivating, at "Potato Prints.' Chani, who's posts challenge our every day thinking, at 'Thailand Gal.' Laurie, who's depth of feeling and kindness have touched me deeply, at 'Don't MAKE ME get my Flying Monkeys.' Bonita, who takes us on the most awesome trips, at 'Flitzy Phoebie.' And Kate, who's garden grows in her yard as well as her heart at 'Kate Smudges.'
Have Fun!

12 Comments:

Blogger dmmgmfm said...

I am honored, Pam. I'll write my post this week. Thank you.

Hugs,
Laurie

9:38 AM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Batman, I LOVE your list, absolutely! I love that you were a dancing gypsy hippie. I'll bet that you still are! (I am too, except for the dancing part. But I dance in my heart and head.) I LOVE the image of you dancing and running barefoot in the dark. And that your favorite food is NATCHOS! (In the front of my 'Willie' book I admitted: I have a passion for books, Bach, natchos, and Marvin....)and I always WANTED to be an artist, like you are. An astrologer once told me, "You are split right down the middle--half Albert Schweitzer, half Mickey Mouse." No wonder we get along so well! LOL! Good job!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Bonita said...

You have the most marvelous group of bloggers here, Pam - such diversity! Thanks for tagging me. From your list I can tell that you were very energized and vibrant - I'm so glad you celebrated this energy by dancing and twirling, going barefoot, and moving around to so many locations. I have the same kind of energy, almost anticipatory, like "what's around the corner!"

11:47 AM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

This is so you Spike! No grey? I have plenty to spare and am VERY willing to share. :) I need to think hard on this one.

Love you!
Robin

12:04 PM  
Blogger Crayons said...

Oy vey. A tag about personal matters. And I see that I am in very good company. Let me call my therapist and discuss it. :-)

Your 8 facts were so entertaining. It doesn't surprise me that you ran and danced and drew. That energy continues to shine through your writings, your art and your caring, joyful spirit. I didn't realize that you were a hippy. That's something to celebrate.

4:52 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

That picture is a hoot and your revelations so wonderful. You've had a rich life, Pam. I share your passion for black olives, but don't take my caffeine away :0)

9:28 PM  
Blogger Andrea Frazer said...

Awwww, I'm honored. I'm posting now, so check it out later tonight or tomorrow.

11:25 PM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Pam - Wow your are such an interesting person!! I seem so bland in comparison. But, I too was the drug-free hippie in the late sixties. Such wonderful times.

Very neat post and I love the picture.

Alyssa

1:16 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

Biby - Thanks for stopping by, I'll be checking you out.

Laurie - I think of you every day and hope they are getting easier.

Pepek - I like books and Bach, too. Glad you enjoyed my revelations. I have always been a free spirit, something I had to learn to temper just a bit.

'Albert and Mickey,' I like that! It fits. You are cool, man, cool. = )

Bonita - I love and am captivated by everyone who visits here, they ARE terrific, I agree.

And you are so 'right on,' the energy is very anticipatory. Even now, with my body compromised, it's still with me and I still peek around those corners.

Robin - I'm waiting to see if you have any surprises for me! I love you! Batman

Caroline - So, what does your therapist think? You don't have to get toooo personal!

I'm proud to have been a hippy...think I still am, to some degree.

Cathy - Do you realize that an allergy to caffeine means NO CHOCOLATE?!?! To quote Caroline 'oy vey!'

Mama P - I'll be checking you out as soon as I've answered everyone here. I'm rather enjoying this.

Alyssa - Anyone who was a hippie couldn't possibly be bland, no way!
Glad you liked the picture...there's lots more in there. LOL

6:27 AM  
Blogger thailandchani said...

You weren't on the lam? Oh, gee. I thought we were going to hear something really juicy! :)

Thanks.... :)


Peace,

~Ch

5:53 PM  
Blogger kate said...

Pam this was great fun and I'm glad you participated. I enjoyed learning more about you ... the free spirit, dancing, drawing, western boots and the list goes on ... is not in the least surprising. You have a marvellous spirit! Thank you for tagging me. I've never participated in one before, so I shall try!

12:28 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

NO CHOCOLATE !?! Pam! How about allergy shots ;0)

10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home