Sunday, October 29, 2006

On Capitlo Hill





















As elections draw near and it's all rhetoric
My thoughts often dwell on the world politic

I think of the folks up on capitol hill
And know what they're passing is seldom a Bill

Fast words and loud speeches, all promise and sass
Ring false for it seems that they're just passing gas

And when they foul up or run out of blind luck
How swift they've become at passing the buck

When caught in dark closets their affairs bear no shame
The issue is sidestepped by a quick pass of blame

When dressed in their finest they shmooze at a bash
While with deft slight of hand they're maneuvering cash

Come the day designated I'm right there to vote
But my faith in the outcome is becoming remote

Pam

4 Comments:

Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Hehehe that was cute, true and scary! Well done!

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am hoping against hope for less people who just "maneuver cash".

Your artwork is wonderful! I love the story and picture of "Lost in
Space."

9:17 PM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Neat poem! and I can only add, "Me, too!"

10:20 PM  
Blogger Endment said...

This is perfect political commentary!
I wonder if voting is enough?

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home