Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Sisters



Introducing the lovely women who are my sisters. Above is my sister Lynn, 10 years younger, 6 inches taller and in possession of a heart that is absolutely huge. She is an artist with material and has her own quilting business along with being a dental assistant. Her quilts are a rush of color, form and texture and captivate the eye. She also creates memory quilts, a combination of her art and client's photographs.




And this is my sister Ann, also six or so inches taller (I think I've mentioned that at 4' 11 1/2 " I am the only short sibling of 5 and, since the tall grass has always seemed greener to me, this has rankled = D ) and 17 years younger. I left for college just after her, and her twin's, first birthday, so, aside from brief visits over the years, we never really knew each other. We are, however, making up for the lost time. She, also, has a kind and generous heart. She is an assistant dean at a college in the east and has been showing her unique and fascinating wearable and material art in a gallery in NYC for twenty years.
Both of these lovely, talented and funny ladies have filled my life with hope, caring and love. They visit when they can and Lynn recently spent almost four days here, a nine hour drive, filling my home with her boundless energy and sunny disposition. They have both helped to make my fight for life easier and have changed my life in wonderful ways. I love them more than words can say.

13 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Blood does run thick. They sure seem like women to enrich one's life ... as do you.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I LOVE the short blonde with the cute bob...who's that? LOL

You all share the artistic gene. I'd love to see some of their work. You're so blessed to have re-connected with lovely, loving ladies.

You look FABULOUS and I like the smile;) XXOO

11:24 AM  
Blogger Andrea Frazer said...

How awesome. You not only share similar facial strutures, but you share creative talents. Love your hair by the way.

Hey, check your email. I need your permission to link your site and some photos from a national website. Mama P got TWO blogging gigs for two national websites. More on that later. Check your email.

11:45 AM  
Blogger thailandchani said...

Neat pictures... Good to see more of your family.. oh.. and I noticed your ahnk :)


Peace,

~Chani
http://thailandgal.blogspot.com

1:17 PM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

Talent certainly runs in your family. I'm so glad that you've all become close again.
To answer your question on my blog, the songs I've learned to play on the dulcimer are the easy beginners' ones. "Red River Valley", "Amazing Grace", "Bicycle Built for Two", ect.
PS. I'm going to be in St Johnsbury in Oct. Is that near you?

5:44 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

Sisters are the best (but don't tell my brother--actually I love them both!)

11:07 PM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Oh yes, what would we do with out sisters in our lives??

You are all so artistic and creative. It does run in your family.

Have a great weekend and enjoy the sister-love!

12:03 AM  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

What a touching and sweet post. You are lucky to have such wonderful sisters and they are lucky to have you.

Hugs,
Laurie

12:12 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Pam - This made my heart sing. You're all so lucky to be sharing this special closeness - this love. I'm not surprised to hear that they're both intelligent and artistic. Guess they don't share the height gene with you ;0)

3:14 PM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

You do look fabulous, all three of you!

I never had any sisters, growing up. Now I have a bunch of sisters-in-law I love to pieces....

...and a bunch of Blogging Sisters!

9:37 PM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Pam, have you visited Sue at Tumblewords? She's an interesting lady who does a lot of computer art--if you haven't been there, I think you'd like her stuff!

12:44 AM  
Blogger Pam said...

AC, they are, and thank you.

Tammy, I'll send you my sister Ann's website and thanks for the compliment!

Mama P, yeah, the hair seems to be catching on and I'm getting used to it.

Chani, thanks for noticing my ahnk, as I said, it's been with me for a very long time.

Ginnie, Amazing Grace, oh, I love that song. You need to play for us on a video!

KGmom and Alyssa, sisters are truly wonderful, I am so grateful to have them back in my life.

Laurie, I didn't realize how much I missed them until they came back into my life.

Cathy, they are infinitely fascinating women and I am blessed.

Pepek, blogging sisters are pretty awesome, too... I agree! Thanks for the tip about Sue, I took a trip over to her site and it's terrific!

6:08 AM  
Blogger kate said...

You are really fortunate to have your sisters. They look like wonderful & talented people and complement your incredible talents too. I used to be a few inches' taller than my older sister and that used to bug her. Now I've shrunk so we're the same height. Of course, neither of your sis' have batchairs! (btw, I loved the cartoon above!)

6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home