Wednesday, July 18, 2007

While I'm learning...


Just saying "Hi!" My Dragon has arrived...yeowza...and I'm in training. It will take a little while, but I'm getting there.
About the hand...I can't wave anymore, my hands flop over, so...the above has been printed out life size, my friend, Lolly, will affix it to a stick for me and, drum roll, a wave!
And for those of you who have urged me to dig back into my archives, I thought the following seemed appropriate, given the general attitude towards our government these sad and troubling days.
CAPITOL HILL
As elections draw near and it's all rhetoric
My thoughts often dwell on the world politic
*
I think of the folks up on capitol hill
And know what they're passing is seldom a Bill
*
Fast words and loud speeches, all promise and sass
Ring false for it seems that they're just passing gas
*
And when they foul up or run out of blind luck
How swift they've become at passing the buck
*
When caught in dark closets their affairs bear no shame
The issue is sidestepped by a quick pass of blame
*
When dressed in their finest they shmooze at a bash
While with deft slight of hand they're maneuvering cash
*
Come the day designated I'm right there to vote
But my faith in the outcome is becoming remote

14 Comments:

Blogger Bonita said...

I can just see your next hand signal for the mess in our politics.

11:59 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I must "hand" it to you ... and your poem.

3:48 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Oh Pam - You nailed that one! I mean right on the head. Bonk! Bunch of charlatans. That is one pithy poem!

I just read Bonita's comment! LOL! I hope you and the Dragon are soon 'Mind-Melding' - remember Spock's trick? I may be showing my age here. Oops :0)

3:59 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

Pam--your poem makes me recall a thought I have had about legislatures wherever--they should go back to being PART timers. And paid thusly. No need to pass all those laws, or hold all those hearings.

8:18 PM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Unfortunately for us "common folk" that poem was true then and is true now. Some things are very slow to change. I really like how in a few words have summed up a scary situation.

Alyssa

1:15 AM  
Blogger Andrea Frazer said...

Waving right back at you.

4:10 AM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Yo! Back atcha!

Love this.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

This is so CLEVER! I hope to meet the amazing Lolly. :)

You are so gifted and with that software breathing Dragon we will all be blessed.

Love you
Robin

3:30 PM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

YO also to Lolly!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

Hi Pam...I think of you so often and love your poem. You really nailed it on the head. I'm waving back to you...as we all are.

11:00 AM  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

That is an amazing poem. You have, as usual, hit the nail on the head.

I'm so glad your dragon has arrived. I know you will (as Cathy said) Mind Meld with it and be back in action in no time.

Hugs,
Laurie

1:29 PM  
Blogger Crayons said...

Hi Pam,

A flopping hand sounds really frustrating. I'm excited that the dragon software arrived. It is so Star Trekkish to see that thing work.

You really sculpted out a disgustingly true portrait of our nation's leaders. You are a feisty one.

Keep pulling from your archives. This is fun.

11:24 PM  
Blogger kate said...

*waving madly to Pam* I love your waving hand. It's fun. Good to hear that the fire-breathing Dragon has arrived ... thinking of you, here's a hug, Kate ox

1:47 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I wanted to drop by, say 'Hi' and give you a big {{ Hug }}. Your poem about Winter's Song is just as fresh on further readings. I'm wondering if it was a particular morning of fresh snowfall that inspired it. It really is so pleasing in its movement from slight regret to full-hearted joy at the gift of beauty.

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home