Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Story of Little
















When my grandchildren were younger I wrote poems for them from time to time. While going through an old drawer full of papers and photos I came across some of those poems and thought, since the kids have taken an interest in Mimi's blog, I would post one every now and then.

Little has lived with me for over 10 years and now sits on top of my moniter evoking sweet memories of young laughter.

Little was so sweet and small
On the shelf against the wall
Waiting for a home, you see
So I took him home with me

A tiny clown of red and green
Glad that finally he'd been seen
In a box he went that night
Wrapped in tissue, snug and tight

In my house he found a home
A happy clown, no more alone
And there he sits upon my shelf
With toys of mine, not by himself

4 Comments:

Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Your talent astounds me! Children's poetry too? LOVED it! I can't rhyme to save my life ;)

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Tammy. No poetry from me. LOL

Pam, your poem is cute and reminds me of a friend who is able to write poetry about everyday things in her life. It's a talent that bypassed me entirely. :)


Peace,

Thailand Gal

3:04 PM  
Blogger Endment said...

Miniature things hold great appeal for me... The poem and the picture are a delight

11:13 PM  
Blogger Andrea Frazer said...

Did you draw this one? I adore it. I am slowly rereading your stuff, so forgive me while I fumble through your mighty greatness! No sarcasm intended - you floor me.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home