Saturday, November 04, 2006

Vicarious Flyer
















I love this picture of my granddaughters for is sheer exuberance. Flying over puddles then jumping into them with all the energy they can muster has been a favorite pastime for
kids since, well, probably forever. As we get older we tend to forget the pure pleasure of uninhibited joy, caught in the restraints of our responsibilities and worried, too, about what others might think.

The child within me, I am happy to say, is alive and well and although I can no longer fly with my grandchildren, the joy of watching them soar and leap through life delights me beyond measure.



5 Comments:

Blogger Georgia said...

HI:)

Nice to meet you, I found you through Tammy :)

Just wanted to say I love your blogs, your art is great! I especially loved "the tin can"

xoxoxo
Georgia

3:30 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I don't know about you but I still stomp in puddles ;) One foot is better than none. LOL Beautiful words to fly by.

1:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine jumping over a puddle. I'd probably fall on my keister. (Balance isn't my strong point!) Still, your point is well-taken. I feel that mostly in the garden. There's something about watching things grow...

Peace,

Thailand Gal
~*~*~*~

8:52 PM  
Blogger Endment said...

Great photo and thanks for the reminder to nuture the child

5:46 PM  
Blogger Andrea Frazer said...

You're a great artist. And that photo is awesome. Is all the art yours? I suppose I could get off my ass and scroll down, but unlike the kids jumping through puddles, my brain right now is a puddle of mush. More tomorrow. Thanks, be strong, and know someone in L.A. is rooting for ya!

12:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home