Sunday, July 13, 2008

Grandchildren Updated

Once again it's time to brag about my incredible grandchildren. They never cease to amaze me with their talents and capabilities, their bright intelligence and their warm compassion. They are fun, funny, interested in the world around them and interesting in their own right. They care deeply about the environment and human rights and I am immensely proud of them all!



This is Paige, almost 15 and getting ready to enter high school. She is dressed here for her first semiformal dance; I'm sure her date was as knocked out when he saw her as I was. She has finished 20 chapters of the book she is writing and even an unprejudiced reader would be impressed. She will be on the honors program in high school and has some ideas of what she would like to do with her life.



Sarah will be 14 this fall, excels in school and is an avid reader. Most of the jewelry she wears she has designed and created and each piece is a beautiful work of art. She comes to visit me every week and helps care for me without reservation. She is full of imagination and life and shines with a very bright light.



Here we have Emily and Ryan. Emily is 9 and also loves to read. She is an excellent student, has a very outgoing personality and a nurturing and caring temperament. She and her brother live down the lane from Camp and I always look forward to her visits and her lively conversation. Ryan is 4 and is the resident superhero. He is a love bug and you can always count on a big hug
after a sound pouncing. They live in a home with one dog, two cats, one rabbit, and they are raising chickens.



And Alex, almost 17, is the family musician. He is the very excellent drummer in his band and they have done concerts to raise money for the people in Darfur. Although I am too old to totally understand or appreciate his music, I certainly appreciate the talent and hard work involved. They are very good and do well. He does well in school and will be expanding his endeavors to courses in art.
I love them all fiercely and I'm proud to call them mine.

12 Comments:

Blogger Crayons said...

Hi Pam,
What an uplifting post! God, I never even had children, let along grandchildren. You have traced loving and realistic portraits of each here. I like the swirly-haired girl with awesome earrings. They are lucky to have such a cool and loving grandmother.

11:41 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

They are almost as talented as Grandma, then?

8:53 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

Oh Pam--you are so fortunate to have such wonderful grandchildren--good looking too. I think I can see you in some of them.
I long for grandchildren--none yet. There is a hole in my heart. But, I will try to be patient.

10:52 PM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Beautiful and extraordinary people all! (Including Grandma!)

11:54 AM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I see you in each of their personalities, especially the older ones. Lucky them and lucky you to have each other.

Love you!

1:05 PM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

I loved the way that you portrayed all the children...mimicking their particular talents in your creative pictures.
I am sure that they are just as proud of you ... as you are of them. The love just shines through.
(I thought of you often over the last two weeks when I was visiting in NY State...just across the border to Vt.)

4:00 PM  
Blogger Alyssa said...

Hi Pam,

You are a very lucky Grandma! Your grandchildren must give you so much pleasure and joy. I love it how they all are going down their own paths and finding their special places in the world. It's great to hear that they are caring and empathetic - those are (I feel) two of the most important traits a person can cultivate over their life-times. Grandchildren bring out a special kind of love in us older folks and we can't help but return it! Wonderful update on the children and I hope to be keeping up with them as time goes by.

10:52 AM  
Blogger joared said...

Sounds like quite an exceptional family of which you can be rightfully proud -- attractive, too!

4:47 AM  
Blogger Crayons said...

Hi Pam,
I thought of you today, I'm not sure why, so I'm just stopping in to say hi. I hope you are finding something beautiful to look at today, and also that kitty has spent time snoozing on you.

4:48 PM  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

No surprise that they are wonderful...they have you for a gramma.

I loved reading this, Pam. Such joy, such love, such well deserved happiness.

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Such beautiful children.. inside and out. I so understand your pride in these young people.

Our grandchildren are our life's most precious blessing.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I can only repeat the admiration of all those above. Lovely, talented young ones. You have, indeed, been blessed.

5:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home