Sunday, March 18, 2007

Dynamic Duo


This post is for Tammy (The Daily Warrior...I don't know how to link, so your on your own) one of the most remarkable people I have ever known. Through our mutual fight against ALS and the friendship that has bloomed because of it, Pepek (My Uncle Pepek's Journal) dubbed us "The Dynamic Duo," and it struck a cord.

Tammy possesses enormous strength, faith, humor and a caring heart that runs true and deep. She has been fighting her battle for 17 years and has been an inspiration to me and many others.
She has taught me much about how to deal with ALS and how to fight back and I am grateful, every day, for the path that led me to her and her presence in my life.

We are a continent apart but it doesn't matter, we have formed a bond that is forever and we are family. We email every day, often, and have talked on the phone. We share the good, help each other through the challenges and have taken to calling one another "Batman" and "Robin."

I love you, my dear friend and thank God, every day, for you...to the Batcave!

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Pam,

Are you Batman or Robin? I can tell that you two energize each other. It seems to be one of those cases where the whole is greater than the sum of the two parts.

I read this post on two levels. First, as a tribute to a wise and gentle warrior -- I, too, think she is outstanding. Second, as a celebration of those once-in-a-lifetime friendships, one of the treasures in this short life.

Maybe sometime you can write about how you two met each other and how the friendship bloomed. I'd really like to hear that story.

9:08 AM  
Blogger KGMom said...

What a wonderful tribute.
You are both intrepid warriors, battling disease, living life to the fullest, and sharing your joys and pains with us.
Linking? for a regular URL, my blogger shows a little link icon--looks like links and the world. It is the 5th icon along the top from the left. If that's not what you mean, nevermind.
You seem to know how to do SO much with Photoshop that I suspect you mean something more complicated.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Hey, that's DUO Spike! You bring me love and encouragement everyday! Now get that email working I'm going through withdrawls. I love you Spike!

5:54 PM  
Blogger Bitterroot said...

Pam and Tammy, friendships like yours are just as important as the breath of life itself. Blessings to both of you!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Pam - This is just so beautiful. Isn't the internet a blessing? I met a lovely Welsh woman through her blog - Heading Home. She called and we talked today. These connections are so precious. You are both blessed that you found each other.
Oh, I agree with Mary. We'd love to hear this story of stalwart friendship.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Andrea Frazer said...

What I like about you, Pam, is your connection to people, not just Tammy, fly over all ages, religions and genders. You are a true artist who sees beyond a canvas into peoples' true colors. Thanks for that. And for your beautiful artwork.

4:14 AM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

:D !

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home