Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Game Night


The weekend before last my family got together at our house for what we call "game night." We start the evening with food for our bellies (this time it was pizza) and continue on with food for our souls.
There is much conversation and laughter as we gather for the game of the night, "Scene It" being the choice on this particular evening. We always choose a kid friendly game so that everyone is included in the fun.
Teams are picked and we are off and running. There are many good natured jibes, much cheering and the occasional "booing." My family is populated with very funny people and tears from laughter are not uncommon. We are all early risers so by nine it's time to fold up the board, put away the pieces and say our good nights.
There are warm hugs all around as children and grandchildren depart and I am left feeling complete, happy and loved. I have my husband and our incredible family to thank for making me rich beyond measure.

8 Comments:

Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Great idea. We tend to be trivial pursuers when we get together with Thesha and Theboy.

11:14 AM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

I don't think my family & Dave's would make it through a game. You are very rich ineed! LOVE & KISSES

7:31 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

I could feel the happiness that comes from laughing with loved ones. This is so neat. You are blessed, Pam

11:57 PM  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

Oh how fun! My family used to have marathon Monopoly games. It was a blast!

12:15 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

The family that plays together--stays together and has LOTS of fun.
I am a game-lover, but can't convince many in my family.
Maybe, it's because I say HA very loudly when (if) I win. I am a tad too competitive.

2:40 PM  
Blogger Andrea Frazer said...

IS that your hubby on the far lower right? Such kind eyes. Are those your daughters upper left? I see the mohawk kid as your talented grandson - handsome tyke. And the granddaughters - this is going to sound odd - but what perfect profiles and sloped noses. Mine has an upturn with a small bump - big deal - but I've always liked a nose that had just a bit of a pretty curve to it like your girls. Of course, my daughter got one, so perhaps I'll steal it from her when she's sleeping. And on a non-physical note, you sound rich indeed.

4:11 AM  
Blogger thailandchani said...

That does sound wonderful!


Peace,

~Chani

3:03 PM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Loved this! Sounds like my family's get-togethers. :D

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home