Friday, March 23, 2007

Spring!


The sun is shining and the air is balmy, spring is calling. I can't concentrate and subjects for blogging elude me. I've been shut in all winter and all I can think about is getting out, basking in the warm air and breathing in the first fragrances of the season.
I am a creature of nature and the great outdoors, and spring in my Vermont mountains is a time of rich sensations. The heady aroma of damp earth mingles with the intoxicating scent of burgeoning green and fills the senses with the beauty of rebirth. Ahhhh...
While I've been waiting for the sun to reach my porch I have been going through pictures of past seasons. This picture was taken last spring when my daughters and their daughters took me to the Maine coast to soak up the smells, sights and sounds of the ocean while I was still able to get out on the beach. If I close my eyes I can hear the hiss of waves around my feet and feel the tickle of foam. The sharp cry of seagulls resonates in my mind as I recall the prickly tang of salt air.
To quote the Beatles, "Here comes the sun," and I am out of here!

10 Comments:

Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Pam, I am so with you. What a beautiful lady you are! I enjoyed the pics (I clicked 'em so they were bigger)!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

Look at those gorgeous gams :) I love the way you did this. You look so happy! XXOO

4:56 PM  
Blogger Ginnie said...

Pam, I've been gone for 5 days and am getting caught up. Per usual your post is lovely and so are the pictures. I am so glad that you have wonderful memories. I love Spring too.

6:32 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Pam, What a beautiful tableau. The water, the sun, the smiles - a beautiful memory that you've preserved forever in this remarkable picture. Those shadows you've added are unbelievable. You must have had some serious training to be able to create these works. I feel lucky if I can just move pictures from my camera to my desktop.

8:59 PM  
Blogger KGMom said...

What a good-looking family, beauty through three generations!
I love the collage.
Can you give away secrets--is that done on Photoshop? I need to learn how.
As for the ocean--a favorit place of mine too, although since I am super-fair skinned, I stay out of the sun.

8:40 AM  
Blogger dmmgmfm said...

I can almost smell the sea air myself.

12:13 PM  
Blogger thailandchani said...

Love it! I can almost smell Vermont in this. It's been years since I've been there but it is a good memory :)


Peace,


~chani

2:47 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I think we're all getting pretty excited about the weather. It's warming up here, but did it ever pour today. At least it wasn't snow. It would have been a very major storm.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

Oh I meant to compliment you on another very creative picture.

4:24 PM  
Blogger Andrea Frazer said...

YOu are a beautiful woman. Get your butt to beach if you can this year, too. Even if it means, to quote Brad Paisley, getting a little mud on the tires.

12:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home