Saturday, April 14, 2007

Remembering



I ride the rolling waves
Out on deep, blue water
Muscles taught with effort
At one with the sea

Foam splashes on burnt skin
Sweet sting of salt
The power of nature, the beauty
Surround me

Warm sand turned gold
In the setting sun
A textured caress on my body
Life fills me

I am alone on my beach
The incoming tide
Teases my boat, waves hissing
As they pull back


I belong here, breathing, drawing in
The rich aroma of sea air
Listening to the call of gulls
They bid my return

7 Comments:

Blogger KGMom said...

What a wondrous thing is memory. Through it we can relive great times.
And your poem helps create as new the experience for the reader.

10:01 AM  
Blogger Anvilcloud said...

I usually skim over blog poetry, but I usually slow down to read yours.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Tammy Brierly said...

A wounderful memory that you expressed so beautifully in this poem. In CA and Kauai they have sand wheelchairs. Where there is a will there is a way. :)

Love ya!

P.S. SS was written with you in my heart!

1:43 PM  
Blogger Cathy said...

Pam

I knew this was yours from the first few words. Your soul shines from these lines.

Yes, I know how the ocean calls - that elemental pulling.

The picture - the poem - are beautiful.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Joyce Ellen Davis said...

Good poems! Your poetry gets better and better! This was nicely sensory. lots of imagery. It was almost as good as being there....

8:12 PM  
Blogger Bitterroot said...

My goodness, Pam, what an inspirational and powerful group of posts and images you have here. I am just checking in after being gone for ten days. Best to you.

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this was simply tearfully lovely.

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home